People make a list of resolutions during the start of the year and more often than not, they never complete them. I know I never did. But that’s okay. This is the 4th time I’m starting over and that’s okay too. Deciding to move back to Qatar gave me a clean slate and it may be a little too late but there are a few things I’d like to, hopefully, improve on from now on. In short, I’m making a list of resolutions.
I’m writing this all down, for the world to see, in the hopes that I don’t wuss out. You, whoever you are who is reading this, is my witness. After the awful year that is 2016, I am motivated as ever to be better–in every way. Mentally, physically, intellectually, emotionally, even financially. There are so many things that are wrong with me and I am done bearing with it. It is about damn time that I do something about them.
So, without further ado, here is the list of my resolutions for the 4th chapter of my life.
- Learn how to cook. Yes, I am a 23 year old woman who doesn’t know how to cook without burning herself or kitchenware (and one time almost the whole kitchen). I need to learn how to cook for myself. I’m thinking 1 new recipe a week? Seems doable, yeah?
- Start reading books again. For some reason during 2016, I couldn’t finish reading any book. I will pick something up, get distracted and forget about it. I used to tear through books so fast I could finish 4-5 a month, and now I stopped altogether.
- Exercise regularly. God, my body is shit right now. I was recently diagnosed with hyperthyroidism which causes all sorts of problems for my body. I need to get my immune system up and get fit in the process as well. Since gyms here are strict and expensive, I’m gonna try work outs I can do at home or start dancing again. Anything to get my body moving, honestly.
- Write more. Particularly, in this blog. I wanna finally keep this one going. I just hope I don’t run out of things to write about, Qatar is a really small place!
- Actually save money this time. I moved back here in the hopes of finally saving up money because opportunities here are better. I wanna control my impulsiveness and develop discipline with handling my money. I can’t travel if I’m always broke! I need to learn to better budget my money.
Well, that’s just about it for now. Maybe I’ll update this post once I think of more things.
Here’s to self improvement and a happier life!